We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personal information you provide us. This includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, phone number, or email address.
What Information We Collect
In an effort to keep our service as simple and easy as possible, we do not create, use or store profiles of the people that use our website unless they specifically approve this by creating a login account to the site. We only record that information that we reasonably require to do business with you. On all our web pages that collect such data we specifically describe what information is required in order to provide you with the product or service you request.
We collect your information when you:
- Purchase products or services from us through our website
- Submit a review or comment on the website, these will only be published on the website after seeking specific approval at the time of the comment being posted.
- When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any personal information.
We may, from time to time, use "cookies" to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. We collect information on the web pages and newsletters visited by our customers to help us continue to improve our services.
You can delete cookies from your computer at any time (see your internet browser's help menu for more information); however, this will remove all cookies and not just those associated with the SelfStorage.org site. You can individually remove a cookie that connects a property to your shortlist by clicking the remove option when the property appears in your shortlist.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information only for the purpose of providing our services to you and communicating with you in relation to in regards to your activities while on our website.
Who We Share Your Information With
We do not disclose any of your personal information to anyone.
We work with an online payment gateway provider and fraud detection provider to enable secure credit card transactions. We provide credit card information (where applicable) relating to purchases made through the site to enable them to process and screen the payment on our behalf.
We may be required by law to disclose information you provide us. We may also disclose information against someone who poses a threat to our interests (such as customer fraud) or whose activities could cause harm to others.
How We Protect Your Information
To ensure the confidentiality of your personal information, we use security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send credit card details and other sensitive information to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
You have the right to gain access to, correct and/or remove all personal data we store about you on our servers. All this is provided to you free of charge. In order to exercise your rights, please contact us.
- We process your personal data on the request of, and for the purposes of, the website you try to contribute to.
- We take all appropriate means to protect your data against unauthorised access and damaging.
- We hate spam as much as you do. We will never provide your email address to third parties, or send spam ourselves.
- We sometimes provide anonymous (statistical) information to third parties.
- We can provide access to your personal data in case of illegal use, or when we receive orders from legal authorities.
- You can gain access to, correct and/or remove all personal data we store about you – free of charge – by contacting us.