As a rule of thumb, if it looks worn out, messy, overgrown or like it needs repairing and repainting, fix it!
Buyers are looking for something better than what they already have. They don’t want soiled carpet, cracked and marked walls, poorly kept gardens and poor paintwork. Potential buyers do not want to see a property that “needs work” or looks reasonably run down. It is important to remember that anything that appears to need work and will cost people time and money, will significantly impact their interest and the price they are willing to pay.
Painting & Maintenance:
There may be several things such as cracks, peeling paint or discolouration in walls that you have simply become accustomed to over time. Potential buyers may look at that small hairline crack and assume that something much larger, such as a structural defect is at hand. The majority of potential buyers will overdramatize this small crack and mentally add up their perceived costs of repairing all of those minor flaws. They’ll end up with an amount that is generally much higher than the actual amount it will cost you to repair this for sale. Adding up these costs will therefore affect the amount the potential buyer is willing to pay for the property. Whilst you may believe these repairs are small or insignificant, the buyer may also question the maintenance of the property as a whole, and if there are any serious structural issues etc. Neglecting to fix these issues can lower your selling price or lengthen the time to sell.
Don’t let your garden sabotage the sale of your house! The first thing potential buyers see before they even set foot through your front door is your garden.
Are there weeds everywhere to the point that you’re unsure where the plants and garden beds have disappeared to? Are trees overgrowing and hiding the space of the yard? Are hedges and bushes hiding windows, porches or balconies? Buyers look at these seemingly small issues dramatically, from the small ‘where can the kids play in the backyard with the dog’ to ‘how much time, effort and money will this cost to fix? An overgrown and poorly maintained garden can kill the interest in a home almost as quickly as an outdated kitchen or orange wallpaper.
Provided it’s done correctly, research shows that a well maintained and attractive garden will provide more ‘bang for your buck’ than almost any other home improvement.
An investment of a few hundred, to a few thousand dollars, and a little bit of time and effort, will be repaid to you many times over in your selling price.
At Home Moving Planners we offer a wide range of services and can help with the organising and project managing of:
- Painters and handymen
- Weeding, mowing lawns, basic gardening, laying of fresh mulch
- Landscape gardening
- Rubbish removal
- Cleaning Inside and outside
- Window Cleaning
- Pressure Washing
- Replacing carpet
- Polished floorboards
- Small bathroom and kitchen renovations
- Building fences and retaining walls
- Removing Trees
- Organising carpet steam cleaning
Please note that we only offer to organise and project manage the above services for clients as part of our other services such as our decluttering and clearing clients, property styling clients, deceased estate and house clearance clients and our packing and unpacking clients to assist them with preparing their home for sale or settlement. We do not provide this as a stand-alone service and will not come out to quote for the above services only.
Our maintenance and project managing services are ideal for those who:
- Do not have the contacts themselves to hire reliable trades people
- Are overwhelmed and stressed at the tasks involved with preparing theirs or their loved ones house for sale or settlement
- Would like one point of reference to look after the entire project and supervise all their needs.
- Have had a loved one pass away and are too distressed to organise maintenance and trades on their loved ones home
- Have had a loved one move into retirement or aged care living and would like to focus on their loved ones wellbeing as opposed to the tasks needed to sell their loved ones property.
- Are remote to their loved ones property and will find it hard to organise all the maintenance and trades themselves.
- Are too busy and time poor to arrange and manage maintenance and trades people.
- Are acting as Executor of a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney
Why choose us?
- We are a family owned and operated business with family values. Our culture is to treat all of our clients as if they were our own family.
- We have short turn around times to clear homes ready for market. In most cases we can clear a home and organise trades and repairs to be complete within 1-2 weeks of beginning depending on the services required.
- We organise reputable and reliable tradespeople who we have used for many years
- We provide our own in-house rubbish removal that is fast and cost effective compared to using expensive skip bins. This way the skip isn’t left outside your home so that your neighbours can use it until it is ready to be collected. We are also able to do multiple loads of rubbish in one day so that you don’t have to wait for a skip bin to be collected and replaced, which could delay the time taken to clear your property for sale. You also only pay for the rubbish that is removed, that is, if you only have 3 cubic metres of rubbish this is all you pay for. Unlike skip bins where you pay for the full 6 cubic metres even if it is only half filled.
- We act as one point of reference so that you only have to deal with one company. We can organize and project manage all of the relevant maintenance and trades for you.
Home Moving planners are a family owned company who have been operating in Melbourne, Victoria Australia for many years and we are passionate about helping families have a stress free moving or selling experience.
Home Moving Planners provide a complete beginning to end service for those selling or moving house. At Home Moving Planners we understand how difficult it is to sell and move home. Our experienced team will show empathy and respect to yours or your loved ones home and possessions. Our aim is to make the process as stress free as possible for you and your loved ones.
We act as one point of reference and can organize, plan and complete all of the necessary tasks for you.
Our services are fast, stress free and cost effective for owners, loved ones and executors of estates.
Request A Quote
To arrange a free quote regarding our services, please contact us below.