Preparing yours or your loved ones home for sale can seem like a very daunting task. There are a lot of tasks that need to be completed when you’re selling your home in order for the house to be ready for photos and to be put on the real estate market. It is particularly daunting for you or your loved ones if you have lived in your home for quite a few years and have accumulated a lifetime worth of possessions. Where do you start? What has to be done?
Preparing your house for sale requires quite a few steps and quite a bit of work, depending on the state of yours or your loved ones home. Often this task is incredibly overwhelming and stressful for those who do not have experience. Furthermore, most people are unsure how to best style their house for sale, and leave it the way they have lived in it for years, which unfortunately is not presenting the house in it’s best light. Focusing on the tasks required to sell your home and the thought of leaving your family home of many years can be very stressful and time consuming. Why put yourself through this stress?
Home Moving Planners can handle all of the tasks that may be required when preparing yours or your loved ones home for sale, removing that stress from you and your loved ones.
At Home Moving Planners we provide a fast, respectful and professional service to prepare yours or your loved ones home for sale. Our empathetic team of staff has had years of experience preparing homes for sale, and are able to complete these tasks in a timely manner, particularly if the house needs to be on the real estate market in a short time frame. Our staff are trained experts at finding important personal papers and documents that could be crucial to solicitors, executors of estates and family in winding up a probate or other legal and financial matters on the estate. We are also able to identify and locate other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. The remaining unwanted items will be removed quickly either through donations to charity or disposed of.
If required we can also offer additional services to prepare the home for sale such as property styling, cleaning, gardening and maintenance.
At Home Moving Planners we offer a wide range services to prepare a home for sale, and can help with:
- Decluttering and sorting of items to go to family, friends, charity or to be sold
- Organising rubbish removal
- Organising for necessary repairs and maintenance
- Full furnishing and styling for sale
- Part furnishing and styling for sale
- Cleaning inside and outside
- Window cleaning
- Organising painters and handymen
- Clearing the property for settlement
- Organising storage and removalists
- Organising carpet steam cleaning
- Packing any goods or furniture to go to family members
- Organizing the sale of unwanted furniture through second hand dealers or online (please note that we receive many inquiries from those who just want their furniture sold. Selling of unwanted furniture is a service we only provide for clients as part of our full preparing home for sale services, to assist them with the removal of their unwanted furniture. We do not provide this as a stand-alone service and will not come out to quote on the selling of second hand furniture only. We are not second hand dealers, we do not purchase unwanted furniture and we do not provide valuations for furniture)
Our preparing home for sale services are ideal for those who:
- Are moving to retirement or aged care
- Downsizing to smaller living
- Are unable to physically complete the sorting and clean up tasks themselves
- Are overwhelmed and stressed at the task involved with preparing theirs or their loved ones house for sale
- Have busy family members who are time poor
- Have had a loved one pass away recently and are too distressed to sort through their loved ones possessions.
- Are remote to their loved ones property
- Who have no family or do not have family residing in the same country or state to provide this help
- Too busy and time poor to complete all the tasks necessary to prepare the property for sale
- Unable to complete these clearing tasks in a short time frame.
- Are acting as Executor of a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney
- Would like one point of reference during the clearing and selling process and would like one company to manage and supervise all their needs.
Why choose us?
- Home Moving Planners staff are experienced expert declutter and sorting specialists. Our staff are experienced trained experts at finding important items such as wills, personal papers and financial documents that could be crucial to solicitors, executors of estates and family in winding up a probate or other legal and financial matters on the estate. We often find important documents related to banking, shares, investments that family members and beneficiaries were unaware of.
- We also understand that in a loved ones home there may be other important items, valuables and even money. It takes a expert professional to quickly and carefully sort through a home to find items that may be hidden, sometimes in inconspicuous places amongst other possessions. Our staff have found lost wedding rings and between $15,000-$17,000 hidden in places such as a seamstress’s clothing patterns, in between books and even wadded up in dirty tissues stuffed in the lining of a bedside table. It’s important to choose a business whose staff are honest and well trained to sort through possessions, and don’t just come in and throw things out because on first glace they look like rubbish!
- We have short turn around times to prepare homes ready for market. In most cases we can prepare a home for sale in 1-2 weeks, depending on the services required.
- We organise reputable and reliable second hand dealers to visit the property and give a valuation on any saleable furniture or goods, prior to the decluttering process starting, so that money can be given back to the estate for saleable contents.
- We provide our own in house rubbish removal that is fast and cost effective compared to using expensive skip bins. This way the skip isn’t left outside your home so your neighbours can use it until it is ready to be collected. We are also able to do multiple loads of rubbish in one day so that you don’t have to wait for a skip bin to be collected and replaced, which could delay the time taken to clear your property for sale. You also only pay for the rubbish that is removed, that is if you only have 3 cubic metres of rubbish this is all you pay for, unlike skip bins where you pay for the full 6 cubic metres even if it is only half filled.
- We can offer a range of other services to help prepare a home for sale and settlement, such as cleaning, property styling, gardening and maintenance.
- We are a family owned and operated business with family values. Our culture is to treat all of our clients as if they were our own family.
Home Moving planners are a family owned company who have been operating in Melbourne, Victoria Australia for many years and we are passionate about helping families have a stress free moving or selling experience.
At Home Moving Planners, we understand how difficult it is to prepare a home for sale. Our experienced team will show empathy and respect to yours or your loved ones home and possessions. Our aim is to make the process as stress free as possible for you.
Home Moving Planners provide a complete beginning to end service and can co-ordinate and supervise every step of preparing yours or your loved ones house for sale. We act as one point of reference and can organize, plan and complete all of the necessary tasks for you. We can do as much or as little as you want, relieving your or your loves ones from the stress of preparing a house for sale.
Our services are fast, stress free and cost effective for owners, loved ones and executors of estates.
Request A Quote
To arrange a free quote regarding our services, please contact us below.