The task of clearing a hoarded home of a deceased love one or a loved one who has moved to aged care, can be extremely intimidating. Where somebody with a hoarding issue has previously occupied a house, it is recommended that they look for professional services to assist them due to the sheer volume of items in the home. This is where Home Moving Planners can help.
At Home Moving Planners we provide a fast, discrete and professional hoarder clearance service. Our empathetic team of experienced expert declutter and sorting specialists have been providing hoarding clearing services for many years in Melbourne.
Clearing of hoarders homes is extremely difficult for those who are untrained in this area. Our highly skilled team of staff have had years of experience clearing even the most extreme of hoarder clearances. Our staff are trained experts at finding important personal papers and documents that could be crucial to solicitors executors of estates and family in winding up a probate or other legal and financial matters on the estate. We are also able to identify and locate other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. The remaining unwanted items will be removed quickly either through donations to charity or disposed of.
We understand that you may have feelings of embarrassment and may be overwhelmed by the state of the property, however our staff undertake hoarding house clearances with understanding, no judgement and treat every home with the upmost respect. We are simply here to help provide a fast, stress free and cost effective solution.
If required we can also offer additional services to prepare the home for sale such as property styling, cleaning, gardening and maintenance.
Home Moving Planners is here to help you during this difficult time and managed the clearing of your loved ones home respectfully and empathically.
At Home Moving Planners we offer a range of hoarder clearance services and can help with:
- Decluttering and sorting of items to go to family, friends, charity or to be sold
- Pre-settlement hoarder clearing
- Organising rubbish removal
- Organising for necessary repairs and maintenance
- Full furnishing and styling homes for sale
- Part furnishing and styling homes for sale
- Cleaning inside and outside
- Window cleaning
- Organising painters and handymen
- Organising storage and removalists
- Packing any goods or furniture to go to family members
- Organising carpet steam cleaning
- Organizing the sale of unwanted furniture through second hand dealers or online (please note that we receive many inquiries from those who just want their furniture sold. Selling of unwanted furniture is a service we only provide for clients as part of our full hoarder and estate clearing services, to assist them with the removal of their unwanted furniture. We do not provide this as a stand-alone service and will not come out to quote on the selling of second hand furniture only. We are not second hand dealers, we do not purchase unwanted furniture and we do not provide valuation for furniture)
Our hoarder clearances services are ideal for those who:
- Are unable to physically complete the sorting and clearing of a hoarders home for sale or settlement
- Are overwhelmed and stressed at the task involved with clearing of a hoarders home for sale or settlement.
- Are too distressed to sort through their loved ones possessions.
- Are remote to their loved ones property
- Have no family, or do not have family residing in the same country or state to provide this help
- Have busy family members who are time poor
- Are too busy and time poor to complete these clearing tasks
- Unable to complete these clearing tasks in a short time frame.
- Are acting as Executor of a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney
- Would like one point of reference during the clearing and selling process and would like one company to manage and supervise all their needs
Why choose us?
- Home Moving Planners staff are experienced expert hoarded clearing specialists. Our staff are experienced trained experts at finding important items such as wills, personal papers and financial documents that could be crucial to solicitors, executors of estates and family in winding up a probate or other legal and financial matters on the estate. We often find important documents related to banking, shares, investments that family members and beneficiaries were unaware of.
- We also understand that in a loved ones homes there may be other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. It takes a skilled expert professional to quickly and carefully sort through a hoarders home to find items that may be hidden, sometimes in inconspicuous places amongst a mass of other hoarded possessions. Our staff have found lost wedding rings and between $15,000-$17,000 hidden in places such as a seamstress’s clothing patterns, in between books and even wadded up in dirty tissues stuffed in the lining of a bedside table. It’s important to choose a business whose staff are honest and well trained to sort through possessions, and don’t just come in and throw things out because on first glace they look like rubbish!
- We have short turn around times to clear homes ready for market. In most cases we can clear a home within 3 days- week of beginning.
- We organise reputable and reliable second hand dealers to visit the property to give a valuation on any saleable furniture and goods prior to the clearing process starting, so that money can be given back to the estate for saleable contents.
- We can offer a range of other services to help prepare a home for sale and settlement, such as cleaning, property styling, gardening and maintenance.
- We provide our own in house rubbish removal that is fast and cost effective compared to using expensive skip bins. This way the skip isn’t left outside your home so your neighbours can use it until it is ready to be collected. We are also able to do multiple loads of rubbish in one day so that you don’t have to wait for a skip bin to be collected and replaced, which could delay the time taken to clear your property for sale. You also only pay for the rubbish that is removed, that is if you only have 3 cubic metres of rubbish this is all you pay for, unlike skip bins where you pay for the full 6 cubic metres even if it is only half filled.
- We are a family owned and operated business with family values. Our culture is to treat all of our clients as if they were our own family.
Home Moving planners are a family owned company who have been operating in Melbourne, Victoria Australia for many years and we are passionate about helping families have a stress free moving or selling experience.
At Home Moving Planners, we understand how difficult it is to clear a loved ones house. Our experienced team will show empathy and respect to yours or your loved ones home and possessions. Our aim is to make the process as stress free as possible for you and your loved ones.
Home Moving Planners provide a complete beginning to end service for those downsizing or moving onto a new stage in their life. We act as one point of reference and can organize, plan and complete all of the necessary tasks for you.
Our services are fast, stress free and cost effective for owners, loved ones and executors of estates.
Our experienced team will show empathy and respect to yours or your loved ones home and possessions. Our aim is to make the process as stress free as possible for you and your loved ones.
Request A Quote
To arrange a free quote regarding our services, please contact us below.