Preparing yours or your loved ones home for settlement can seem like a very daunting task. There are a lot of tasks that need to be completed prior to moving in order for the house to be ready settlement. It is particularly daunting for you or your loved ones if you have lived in your home for a quite a few years and have accumulated a lifetime worth of possessions. To prepare a home for settlement and move into a smaller house or home, retirement home or aged care is a stressful an often overwhelming experience. For carers, loved ones or family members this process can also be just as stressful an experience. Or for those who have recently had a loved one pass away, they may find that preparing the property for settlement and trying to decide what things they would like to keep to be to too distressing.
Often this task is incredibly overwhelming and stressful for those who do not have experience. In many cases family members often feel burdened with the load of tasks that need to be completed before the selling of the property and the move. This is particularly the case because their loved ones are often unable to physically complete these tasks themselves. This can cause strain on the family as a whole. Often the carer finds it hard to focus on their loved one during the emotional time that is moving onto a new stage in their life, as they are absorbed in the task of getting their loved one moved.
Here at Home Moving Planners we can handle all of the tasks that may be required when preparing yours or your loved ones home for settlement. We can help prepare both deceased estates and occupied homes for settlement and offer range of services to suit yours or your loved ones needs.
At Home Moving Planners we provide a fast, respectful and professional service to prepare yours or your loved ones home for settlement. Our empathetic team of staff has had years of experience helping people settle their property and move to their new home. We are able to complete these tasks in a timely manner, particularly if the there is a short settlement on the property. Our staff are trained experts at finding important personal papers and documents that could be crucial to solicitors executors of estates and family in winding up the sale of the house and other financial matters on the estate. We are also able to identify and locate other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. The remaining unwanted items will be removed quickly either through donations to charity or disposed of.
How Home Moving Planners prepares a property for settlement is dependent on the individual situation.
– If the owner of the property has already moved to aged care prior to the sale of the property or the property is a deceased estate and the property has already been sold; all remaining furniture and possessions left inside the property, need to be removed/sold/taken to storage/given to family or friends and unwanted goods are sorted into charity or landfill. The property then needs to be thoroughly cleaned.
– If the owner of the property is still residing in the house; Home Moving Planners help our client decide what they need/can take with them to their new home (particularly if they are downsizing or moving to aged care)/what will go to storage, family or friends, and unwanted goods are to be sorted into charity or landfill. All our client’s possessions need to then be packed up and moved to their new place, where they then need to be unpacked and their new home set up. Home Moving Planners then need to return to the old property and make sure it is thoroughly cleaned.
At Home Moving Planners we offer a range of services to help prepare a home for settlement, and can help with:
- Decluttering and sorting of items to go to family, friends, charity or to be sold
- Deciding what to take and what to leave behind
- Assistance and guidance with moving.
- Quality packing; professionally wrapped and protected with paper and bubble wrap to keep breakables safe
- Unpacking including putting away linen, pantry items, bathroom items, clothes and setting up and making beds.
- Organize all packing materials (boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, etc)
- All belongings sorted and packed by room
- Well organized, properly and clearly labelled boxes to ensure easier unpacking
- Packing any goods or furniture to go to family members
- Organising what to do with what is left behind (furniture to be sold, given to charity or to be disposed of)
- Planning ahead to ensure all of your furniture and belongings will fit into your new home
- Supervising the move of items into your new home
- Positioning your chosen furniture and possessions in your new home to ensure a safe living environment
- Providing a compassionate and understanding service to ensure your personal wellbeing is also looked after during the move.
- Taking items to and from storage
- Help prepare, stage and style your house for sale if needed
- Organising rubbish removal prior to settlement
- Cleaning the house thoroughly for settlement
- Window cleaning
- Outdoor cleaning
- House clearing for settlement
- Organising storage and removalists
- Organising transport to your new home or aged care facility
- Organizing the sale of unwanted furniture and goods (please note that we receive many inquiries from those who just want their furniture sold. Selling of unwanted furniture is a service we only provide for clients as part of our full downsizing services, to assist them with the removal of their unwanted furniture. We do not provide this
Our preparing home for settlement services are ideal for those who:
- Moving to retirement or aged care.
- Downsizing to smaller living
- Who can no longer physically complete the tasks involved with packing to move house or house clearance
- Who are overwhelmed and stressed by the tasks involved with packing to move house or house clearance
- Who have no family, or do not have family residing in the same country or state to provide this help
- Who have busy family members who are time poor
- Have had a loved one pass away recently and are too distressed to sort through their loved ones possessions.
- Remote to their loved ones property
- Unable to complete these clearings tasks in a short time frame.
- Are acting as Executor of a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney
- Would like one point of reference during the settlement process and would like one company to manage and supervise all their needs.
Why choose us?
- Home Moving Planners staff are experienced expert decluttering, packing and unpacking specialists. Our staff can help you declutter and sort through possessions you may no longer need or will not fit at your new home.
- We also understand that in yours or a loved ones homes there may be other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. It takes a skilled expert professional to quickly and carefully sort through a home to find items that may be hidden, sometimes in inconspicuous places amongst other possessions. Our staff have found lost wedding rings and between $15,000-$17,000 hidden in places such as a seamstress’s clothing patterns, in between books and even wadded up in dirty tissues stuffed in the lining of a bedside table. It’s important to choose a business whose staff are honest and well trained to sort through possessions, and don’t just come in and throw things out because on first glace they look like rubbish!
- We can organise and provide all required packing materials.
- We have short turn around times to pack and clear homes ready for settlement.
- We organise reputable and reliable second hand dealers to visit the property to give a valuation on any saleable furniture and goods that you may no longer need or will not fit into your new home, so that money can be given back to the estate for saleable contents.
- We provide our own in house rubbish removal that is fast and cost effective compared to using expensive skip bins. This way the skip isn’t left outside your home so your neighbours can use it until it is ready to be collected. We are also able to do multiple loads of rubbish in one day so that you don’t have to wait for a skip bin to be collected and replaced, which could delay the time taken to clear your property for sale. You also only pay for the rubbish that is removed, that is if you only have 3 cubic metres of rubbish this is all you pay for, unlike skip bins where you pay for the full 6 cubic metres even if it is only half filled.
- We can offer a range of other services to help prepare a home for settlement, such as cleaning, gardening and maintenance.
- We are a family owned and operated business with family values. Our culture is to treat all of our clients as if they were our own family.
Home Moving planners are a family owned company who have been operating in Melbourne, Victoria Australia for many years and we are passionate about helping families have a stress free moving or selling experience.
At Home Moving Planners, we understand how difficult it is to prepare a property for settlement. Our experienced team will show empathy and respect to yours of your loved ones home and possessions. Our aim is to make the process as stress free as possible for you.
Home Moving Planners provide a complete beginning to end service and can co-ordinate and supervise every step of preparing yours or your loved ones home for settlement. We act as one point of reference and can organize, plan and complete all of the necessary tasks for you. We can do as much or as little as you want, relieving your or your loves ones from the stress of preparing a house for settlement.
Our services are fast, stress free and cost effective for owners, loved ones and executors of estates.
Request A Quote
To arrange a free quote regarding our services, please contact us below.