The task of clearing a home of a deceased love one or a loved one who has moved to aged care, can be extremely emotional, overwhelming, and trying to decide what things you would like to keep can be too difficult a task to complete.
When it has come time for a loved one to downsize to retirement living or aged care, family members or executors of an estate may find themselves with the task of clearing out the property for sale or settlement. Often our loved ones homes are filled with a lifetimes worth of possessions, most of which they cannot take with them to their new smaller home, and must be cleared from the property in order to sell or settle it.
For carers, loved ones or family members this of downsizing process can also be just as stressful an experience. In many cases family members often feel burdened with the load of tasks that need to be completed before the selling of the property and the move. This is particularly the case because their loved ones are often unable to physically complete these tasks themselves. This can cause strain on the family as a whole. Often the carer finds it hard to focus on their loved one during the emotional time that is moving onto a new stage in their life, as they are absorbed in the task of moving.
Others may have had a loved one pass away, and may find that clearing the estate and packing up your loved ones home and sorting their possessions all too painful.
At Home Moving Planners we provide a fast, respectful and professional estate clearance and house clearance services. Our empathetic team of staff has had years of experience clearing estates for sale and settlement. Our staff are trained experts at finding important personal papers and documents that could be crucial to solicitors executors of estates and family in winding up a probate or other legal and financial matters on the estate. We are also able to identify and locate other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. The remaining unwanted items will be removed quickly either through donations to charity or disposed of.
If required we can also offer additional services to prepare the home for sale or settlement such as property styling, cleaning, gardening and maintenance. Our services are designed to help and assist you as much as possible.
Home Moving Planners is here to help you during this challenging time and managed the clearing of your loved ones home respectfully and empathically
At Home Moving Planners we offer a range of estate and house clearance services and can help with:
- Decluttering and sorting of items to go to family, friends, charity or to be sold
- Deciding what to take and what to leave behind
- Assistance and guidance with moving for those downsizing to retirement or aged care
- Quality packing; professionally wrapped and protected with paper and bubble wrap to keep breakables safe
- Unpacking; including putting away linen, pantry items, bathroom items, clothes and setting up and making beds
- Organising all packing materials (boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape etc)
- All belongings sorted and packed by room
- Well organized, properly and clearly labelled boxes to ensure easier unpacking
- Planning ahead to ensure all of your furniture and belongings will fit into your new home
- Positing your chosen furniture and possessions in your new home to ensure a safe living environment
- Providing a compassionate and understanding service to ensure your personal wellbeing is also looked after
- Taking items to and from storage
- Organising rubbish removal
- Organising for necessary repairs and maintenance
- Full furnishing and styling homes for sale
- Part furnishing and styling homes for sale
- Cleaning inside and outside
- Window cleaning
- Organising painters and handymen
- Clearing the property for settlement
- Organising storage and removalists
- Organising carpet steam cleaning
- Packing any goods or furniture to go to family members
- Organizing the sale of unwanted furniture and goods (please note that we receive many inquiries from those who just want their furniture sold. Selling of unwanted furniture is a service we only provide for clients as part of our full estate clearance and house clearance serivces, to assist them with the removal of their unwanted furniture. We do not provide this as a stand-alone service and will not come out to quote on the selling of second hand furniture only. We are not second hand dealers, we do not purchase unwanted furniture and we do not provide valuations for furniture)
Our estate clearance and house clearances services are ideal for those who:
- Are moving to retirement or aged-care.
- Downsizing to smaller living
- Can no longer physically complete the tasks involved with packing to move house or house clearance
- Are overwhelmed and stressed by the tasks involved with packing to move house or house clearance
- Have no family, or do not have family residing in the same country or state to provide this help
- Have busy family members who are time poor
- Have had a love one pass away recently and are too distressed to sort through their loved ones possessions.
- Remote to their loved ones property
- Unable to complete these clearings tasks in a short time frame.
- Are acting as Executor of a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney
- Would like one point of reference during the clearing process and would like one company to manage and supervise all their needs.
Why choose us?
- Home Moving Planners staff are experienced expert estate and house clearance specialists. Our staff are experienced trained experts at finding important items such as wills, personal papers and financial documents that could be crucial to solicitors, executors of estates and family in winding up a probate or other legal and financial matters on the estate. We often find important documents related to banking, shares, investments that family members and beneficiaries were unaware of.
- We also understand that in a loved ones homes there may be other important items, valuables and even money inside the home. It takes a skilled expert professional to quickly and carefully sort through a home to find items that may be hidden, sometimes in inconspicuous places amongst other possessions. Our staff have found lost wedding rings and between $15,000-$17,000 hidden in places such as a seamstress’s clothing patterns, in between books and even wadded up in dirty tissues stuffed in the lining of a bedside table. It’s important to choose a business whose staff are honest and well trained to sort through possessions, and don’t just come in and throw things out because on first glace they look like rubbish!
- We have short turn around times to clear homes ready for sale and settlement. In most cases we can clear a home within 2-4 days of beginning.
- We organise reputable and reliable second hand dealers to visit the property to give a valuation on any saleable furniture and goods prior to the clearance process starting, so that money can be given back to the estate for saleable contents.
- We provide our own in house rubbish removal that is fast and cost effective compared to using expensive skip bins. This way the skip isn’t left outside your home so your neighbours can use it until it is ready to be collected. We are also able to do multiple loads of rubbish in one day so that you don’t have to wait for a skip bin to be collected and replaced, which could delay the time taken to clear your property for sale. You also only pay for the rubbish that is removed, that is if you only have 3 cubic metres of rubbish this is all you pay for, unlike skip bins where you pay for the full 6 cubic metres even if it is only half filled.
- We can offer a range of other services clear a home for sale and settlment, such as cleaning, property styling, gardening and maintenance.
- We are a family owned and operated business with family values. Our culture is to treat all of our clients as if they were our own family.
Home Moving planners are a family owned company who have been operating in Melbourne, Victoria Australia for many years and we are passionate about helping families have a stress free moving or selling experience.
At Home Moving Planners, we understand how difficult it is to clear a house for sale or settlement. Our experienced team will show empathy and respect to yours or your loved ones home and possessions. Our aim is to make the process as stress free as possible for you and your loved ones.
Home Moving Planners provide a complete beginning to end service and can co-ordinate and supervise every step of the clearing process. We act as one point of reference and can organize, plan and complete all of the necessary tasks for you. We can do as much or as little as you want, relieving your or your loves ones from the stress of house clearing.
Our services are fast, stress free and cost effective for owners, loved ones and executors of estates.
Request A Quote
To arrange a free quote regarding our services, please contact us below.