Many buyers focus on the internal aspect of their home and overlook the importance of having a neat and attractive garden when selling their property. Your garden is the first thing potential buyers see when they arrive at your property. For online photos it is important for buyers to be able to see the yard, and an overgrown jungle of weeds does not present well and may stop the buyer from attending an inspection.
Outdoor areas are more than just a patch of green, they are functional areas where Australians love to spend time entertaining and relaxing. The lifestyle aspect of a property is top of mind for buyers, so it is important to make your garden and outdoor areas inviting.
Research has shown that a well-presented garden provides the greatest return on investment for any pre-sale home improvement.
When preparing your garden for sale, make sure you do more than just mow the lawns by:
– Removing all garden litter: rake up all leaves, twigs, branches. Buyers don’t want to think that they will have to be outside every few days removing leaves or worse clearing blocked gutters.
– Weeding: make sure the garden looks easy to maintain and taken care of. Weeding allows for the garden to be easily seen.
– Trimming: all trees and bushes are trimmed and shaped, and that all windows are not blocked so as to allow as much light in as possible.
– Create garden beds: this can be done by getting assistance creating retaining walls/wooden sleepers or simply creating a border using bricks or pre-made borders from Bunnings.
– Planting: purchase some plants and flowers that will be at their best during the season you’re selling your home. Plants add colour and interest to the garden to make it attractive. We suggest using lavander or ornamental grasses.
– Mulching: fresh and appropriate colour tanbark/mulch is laid on garden beds to make the garden “pop” with colour. We suggest using a natural brown tanbark as opposed to using orange or black. Orange tanbark can look quite “fake” whilst black tanbark can fade easily during period of rain as the colour washes out making it appear grey. Natural tanbark holds its colour for longer and suits all garden types.
– Styling: style outdoor areas as you would indoors areas such as an outdoor table or lounge setting. This way buyers can envisage themselves using the outdoor space.
OUR GARDENING SERVICES:
At Home Moving Planners we can attend to all your pre-sale gardening needs. We are able to perform basic pre-sale gardening needs such as weeding, mowing lawns, laying of mulch, planting and garden waste removal. We are also able to offer landscaping gardening services such as removing trees, building fences, laying turf, removing garden sheds, design and creation of garden beds and retaining walls. See our before and after photos below
Our services are ideal for those who:
– Do not have the contacts themselves to hire reliable trades people
– Are overwhelmed and stressed at the tasks involved with preparing theirs or their loved ones house for sale or settlement
– Would like one point of reference to look after the entire project and supervise all their needs.
– Have had a loved one pass away and are too distressed to organise maintenance and trades on their loved ones home
– Have had a loved one move into retirement or aged care living and would like to focus on their loved ones wellbeing as opposed to the tasks needed to sell their loved ones property
– Have had a loved one move into retirement or aged care living and would like to focus on their loved ones wellbeing as opposed to the tasks needed to sell their loved ones property.
– Are remote to their loved ones property and will find it hard to organise all the maintenance and trades themselves.
– Are too busy and time poor to arrange and manage maintenance and trades people.
– Are acting as Executor of a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney
BEFORE: AREA 1 BEFORE: AREA 1
BEFORE: Stage 2 Weeds Removed AREA 1 BEFORE: Stage 3 Garden Beds Built AREA 1
BEFORE: AREA 2 BEFORE: Stage 2 Weeds Removed AREA 2
BEFORE: Stage 3 Garden AFTER
Beds Built AREA 2
BEFORE: AREA 3 BEFORE: AREA 3
BEFORE: Stage 2 Weeds Removed AREA 3 BEFORE: Shed to be removed
AFTER (shed removed on far left of photo near water tank)