Every client and every house is different; therefore how “Home Moving Planners” prepares a property for SETTLEMENT is dependent on the individual situation.
– If the owner of the property has already moved to aged care or the property is a deceased estate and the property has already been SOLD; all remaining furniture and possessions left inside the property, need to be removed/sold/taken to storage/given to family or friends and unwanted goods are sorted into charity or landfill. The property then needs to be thoroughly cleaned.
– If the owner of the property is still residing in the house; “Home Moving Planners” help our client decide what they need/can take with them to their new home (particularly if they are downsizing or moving to aged care)/what will go to storage, family or friends, and unwanted goods are to be sorted into charity or landfill. All our client’s possessions need to then be packed up and moved to their new place, where they then need to be unpacked and their new home set up. “Home Moving Planners” then need to return to the old property and make sure it is thoroughly cleaned.
– If this is the second stage of “Home Moving Planners” work (that is, we have already prepared the property for SALE) and:
- The owners have already moved onto aged care or the property is a deceased estate, all possessions will have already been cleared, therefore only remaining furniture used to stage the property for sale will need to be removed/sold/given to family or friends, charity or landfill and the property thoroughly cleaned.
- The owners were residing in the property during the sale period and are about to move to their new place. “Home Moving Planners” then need to work with our clients and help them decide what they need/can to take with them to their new home (particularly if they are downsizing or moving to aged care)/what will go to storage, family or friends, and unwanted goods are to be sorted into charity or landfill and the property thoroughly cleaned.
What can be left to clear for Settlement:
This house in brighton was cleared for settlement in 2 days. Even after a loved one has passed away or moved into aged care, the house may still look like this! WHAT A TASK! However a family or friend may look at this overall picture and feel very overwhelmed.
And a happy relieved client when all furniture is finally removed and settlement complete….